Help - Frequently asked questions
To enable us to provide the most efficient service possible for all our users, please try the suggestions below before emailing us
- I am a subscriber to Parents in Touch but I keep getting a message that these pages are for subscribers only and I cannot view them.
- How do I become a subscriber?
- I want to subscribe as a teacher
- I can’t register/log in
- How do I renew/cancel my subscription?
- I have forgotten/wish to change my password
- I've changed my email address
- Removal from mailing list
- I want to pay by bank transfer
- May I pay by credit/debit card over the phone?
- I can’t view/print the worksheets or test papers
- SATS papers
- I have MS Word but I cannot see the images on the page
- I am using a Mac
- I cannot complete the papers online
- I have problems downloading pages using Windows Vista
- Image copyright
- How many worksheets and test papers do you have?
- Are there actual SATS papers on the site?
- Are there KS4/GCSE papers on the site?
- Do you provide answers to the question papers?
- How do I find the information I want?
- How to I find the correct level/year group
- About us
- Contact us
- Registered users are asked to give us their email address and a password. This allows you to view/download up to 5 worksheets from a range designed to show the resources available to our subscribers. Only one registration per household permitted.
- A subscription for parents is £20 a year (as at March 2017). This gives access to the entire site, including the ability to download as many of the worksheets as you want. See below for subscribing as a teacher.
- If you are a subscriber, please make sure you are logged-in. Please ensure you have cookies enabled so that the site remembers you.
How do I become a subscriber?
You need to Log in or Register with us first - see box on left. Then click on "Subscribe", which will appear above "Log out". Then you are able to proceed to a page which links you to PayPal. The annual parent subscription is £20.00.
The annual subscription through PayPal is a recurring payment ie PayPal will automatically debit your account one year after your first payment and again in subsequent years without prior notification, unless you cancel your subscription. If you do choose to cancel, your membership will remain in place during the year for which you have paid. Subscribers benefit from the fact that the annual cost remains at the price it was when you joined even if our fees rise. You can manage your subscription on your profile page, which is available once you have logged in. Parent subscribers have unlimited downloads although we do reserve the right to apply a Fair Use policy for everyone's protection if downloads seem excessive.
I want to subscribe as a teacher
I can’t register/log in
If you have a problem registering with us, or logging into the site, please check:
- that you have entered all your details accurately and that you haven't inadvertently mistyped your email address. We do not have user names - log in is by use of your email address and the password you selected.
- that you have used your email address and password exactly as you did when you registered. Many people register using one address eg at the office and then try to access the site from home using a personal email address. Make a note of your log in details. If you have subscribed, to access member pages you must use the email address and password used on subscribing.
- if you have problems logging in, you may not be using the correct password. Reset your password by following the 'Lost password' link under the log in box.
- log in details are case-sensitive.
- if you are trying to access all the pages on the site, have you subscribed to Parents in Touch? If you have successfully paid your subscription, you will have received an emailed acknowledgement.
- try closing and reopening your browser, in case the information has been cached.
- you are not exiting from the site (e.g. by closing your Internet Explorer browser) or you may have to log in again.
I have forgotten my password
If you have forgotten your password, click "Forgot password?" under the log in box. You will then receive an email with a token and a link. Click on the link and insert the token where indicated. You will then be taken to a page where you can select a new password. You can change your password on your profile page when you are logged in.
In order for us to communicate with you effectively by email please enter the following email addresses in your email address book, "safe senders" or equivalent, to ensure our emails to you are not trapped by an over enthusiastic spam filter.
Guidance on how to do it can be found here...
Failure to do this could lead to important information not getting to you, for example, a password reminder requested by you might be consigned to your spam/junk mail box.
I want to change the email address registered with you.
Changed your email address? Please log in and change in your profile page. If you are a subscriber, please do not re-register in order to change your email address - this will not give you access to the resources. You must amend the email address attached to your current account, as we cannot move the subscription details to a newly registered account. If you have any problem changing the address, please contact us.
Removal from mailing list
Please update your details in your profile page if you no longer wish to receive our newsletters. Alternatively, you may opt out of this service at any time by clicking on the Unsubscribe link in the Newsletter. Please note that your request may take a few days to activate. You will no longer receive any emails although your name will remain on the daabase as we cannot remove this once you opt to register.
I want to pay by bank transfer
May I pay by credit/debit card over the phone?
Sorry, we are unable to provide this facility.
I can’t view/print the worksheets or test papers
Most downloadable documents are Adobe (.pdf) files. In order to view these you need to have Adobe Reader on your computer. This is available for FREE and you can download it from the Adobe web site by clicking here. Please ensure you are using a current version. If you have high security settings, this may cause a problem. Sometimes, your computer settings may cause pages to open in a new or minimised window, or may save worksheets directly to your hard drive - please check your downloaded files on your PC in the event of problems. If you have problems opening documents, try right clicking on the image and then saving to your computer.
Some downloadable documents are created as MS Word (.doc) files. To view a MS Word document, you need to have Microsoft Word installed on your computer. If you do not have Microsoft Word installed, please click here for the Microsoft website where you can download a FREE Word Viewer.
SATS papers We provide links to other sites for the SATS papers. All the KS1 SATS papers that DfE allow to be published (2004 and earlier - no others are available) can be found by searching on the Worksheet Finder under maths/English; SATS papers and age 5-7.
I have MS Word but I cannot see the images on the page
When you view MS Word documents, in order for them to display correctly, you must view the page in Print Layout. To do this, go to View on the toolbar; then click onto Print Layout. Also ensure that your page view is in page width.
I have problems downloading pages using Windows Vista
Some files are large and take a while to download - This can occur when using Windows Vista, so please be patient. Word and Adobe documents may open in a new window when using Vista. Vista users may find using Adobe Reader 8 is quicker to download the pages. Please ensure you do not have pop-ups blocked.
How many worksheets and test papers do you have?
We have worksheets and test papers for all stages of educational development from Early Writing Skills to Teaching Phonics and Maths Explained. There are test papers at all the key stages and revision pages to ensure that the children can have complete understanding of all the questions they find difficult. There are over 7500 worksheets and links to other resources available. If you have questions about the resources available, please contact us prior to subscribing.
Are there actual SATS papers on the site?
There are links to actual SATS papers for all key stages available to our subscribers - many of these direct you to other sites. All the KS1 SATS papers that DfE allow to be published (2004 and earlier - no others are available) can be found by searching on the Worksheet Finder under maths/English; SATS papers and age 5-7.
Are there KS4/GCSE papers on the site?
There are links to all the GCSE examination boards and a selection of papers. More papers are available through the exam board sites. As their resources are comprehensive and the examination boards and papers so variable this is a more effective way to inform our subscribers. Exam boards do not always provide answer papers with the question papers. There are a limited number of key stage 4 revision pages on the site - the majority of our resources are for pupils up to and including KS3.
Answers to papers
We endeavour to provide answers to almost all of the worksheets and to the test and exam papers written by us, with the exception of a few of the English papers where the answers are subjective. We do not see the necessity of providing answers to some of the very basic worksheets.
Answers to SATS/ICGSE/GCSE papers are contained in the Mark Schemes/Teacher's guides which can be found through the Worksheet Finder. Other answers are generally found at the end of each worksheet. Where links are provided to other sites, or papers included from schools and publishers, we cannot guarantee that answers are available.
How do I find the information I want?
Using the Worksheet Finder is the best way to select worksheets by age, subject and paper type.
How do I find work at the correct level or for a specific year group?
All children work at different levels and you are the best judge of the suitable work for your child. Many of our papers are marked with the year ie Year 3. If you want a specific year group, use the Search facility on the top left of your screen and type in "Year 3", for example. This will bring up every paper on every subject with Year 3 in the heading. We also have a series of Year Group pages which include a selection of resources.
Once you have ascertained from these the level at which your child is working, you can select appropriate worksheets using the Worksheet Finder and the key stage required. All our pages on science, history, geography, RE and citizenship are arranged by year group.
Sarah has a qualification as Clerk to Governors and is Clerk to the governing bodies of several local schools. This role ensures she has extensive knowledge of current educational developments and the issues faced by schools.
Sarah is a Chartered Librarian, with many years experience of working in academic and school libraries. Her experience includes working in schools and colleges in London, and she was Librarian at a leading public school. Her recent experience as Librarian in a Preparatory school has given her a good insight into encouraging children to develop a love for reading. She has also taught ICT and held the post of Registrar.
As a trained indexer, Sarah has undertaken work for, among others, the National Childrens' Bureau. She has also worked with focus groups for leading educational publishers and worked as a consultant for a market research and information handling company. This has been combined with raising a family.
Additionally, we use the services of experienced teachers to assist with website content.
- Contact us
- Use of images - many of the images used on the site and on the worksheets are ©Creative Commons Licence. All images have been used in good faith but if you feel we have violated copyright, please contact us giving the page and description of the image.